The Vice President position in Asset Management is responsible for maximizing real estate value by developing and executing business plans on assigned real estate projects – Jamestown focuses on office, retail and multifamily asset classes in primary markets.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
• Eight to ten years of experience in real estate management or development; or
• Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to reposition real estate assets and maximize asset value.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Manage dynamic Jamestown assets, including redevelopments, adaptive reuse and core assets with opportunities for value improvements
• Maximize value of real estate through execution of business plan as well as outside-the-box thinking to create sense of place, drive traffic to asset or otherwise improve asset
• Use or identify innovative technology to improve asset efficiency and/or experience
• Accountable for creating high-functioning team environment, where feedback is shared by all team members
• Lead and be accountable for project execution of teams from the following groups, which may be in-house or third-party and vary from asset to asset: Leasing, Construction Management, Creative, Property Management, and Property Accounting
• Ensure goals are met on time and in accordance with business plan assumptions
• Supervise and mentor Analysts, Associates, and Administrative Assistants to perform tasks of Asset Management team to facilitate greater productivity within the group
Reporting and Financial Analysis
• Review and supervise Analyst(s) and/or Associate(s) to produce: Accurate lease and asset analysis, Investment Committee Memos, Reforecasts, Property Updates and Business Plans
• Responsible for review and compliance with leases, contracts, loan documents and joint venture agreements
• Responsible for review and understanding asset financial statements
• Remain current on market for each asset to, reporting to senior management periodically
• Consult with Acquisitions during due diligence to provide high-level feedback on market leasing assumptions, operating expenses, staffing and business plan
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Value creation
• Development and repositioning of real estate assets
• Financial analysis
• Ability to set direction and make decisions
• Communicate clearly in both writing and verbally, and create environment for open communication and idea sharing within team
• Manage projects and meet deadlines
• Maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
• Utilize effective problem solving and conflict resolution mechanisms
• Real Estate professionals at Jamestown are generally expected to work overtime hours, to be available for evening, early morning, and weekend work as needed, to travel to project sites and other Jamestown offices on a regular basis, and to respond to requests promptly, asking, if necessary, for specific guidance on deadlines.
About Jamestown LP
Jamestown employs approximately 450 people worldwide with headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and Cologne, Germany. The company has offices in Amsterdam, Bogotá, Boston, Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco. Since its founding in 1983, Jamestown has executed transactions in excess of $35 billion. As of June 30th 2020, the company has assets under management of $11.8 billion.
Jamestown is a design-focused real estate investment and management company with a 35+ year track record and a clear mission: to transform spaces into innovation hubs and community centers. Current and previous iconic projects include Chelsea Market in New York City, Industry City in Brooklyn, Ponce City Market in Atlanta, Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco, and the Innovation and Design Building in Boston. The company has grown its portfolio in key markets throughout the U.S. and expanded its investment footprint to South America and Europe.
Jamestown differentiates itself through its vertically integrated platform. In addition to excelling at the traditional functions of a real estate management company, such as acquisitions, capital markets, and asset management, Jamestown possesses internal experti...se to bring added value to all aspects of the real estate business. Through in-house capabilities in Development & Construction, Architecture & Design, Retail Leasing, Creative & Marketing, and Food & Beverage curation, employees maximize value throughout an asset’s ownership period.
Jamestown also invests in real estate startups and technology funds that differentiate our properties and enable nimble, creative teams. We build deep partnerships with exceptional founders- from pilot to scale.
In 2019, Jamestown launched Jamestown Invest, its first digital investment platform for U.S. Investors.