Job Description: We’re hiring an Administrative Assistant to join the Executive Support team for the President and Chairman. This is an important role and a great opportunity for someone who has at least 3 years of corporate administrative experience to support and gain exposure to a top-level Executive, work on interesting assignments, and join a team of high-performing professionals. The Administrative Assistant will handle general administrative duties, as well as a wide array of activities such as liaising on behalf of the Chairman with various business, community, and political associations, managing numerous assignments, and maintaining responsibility for the coordination and completion of multiple projects. The person who will thrive in this role will have a penchant for details, impeccable grammar and composition skills, exceptional follow-up and follow-through, and the professionalism to always use the utmost discretion. We’re in a great location - near Caltrain with restaurants and shops within walking distance.
Various project management duties.
In partnership with the EA, keep track of commitments, timeframes, and deadlines to ensure the Chairman and President is adequately prepared for meetings and deadlines. Ensure there is an agenda, purpose, and meeting materials for each meeting.
Cultivate relationships with internal partners and external vendors.
Regularly interface with senior-level Executives on an internal and external basis.
Act as a liaison on behalf of the Chairman with business, community, and political associations.
Heavy calendaring. Maintain complex calendars, including scheduling appointments and meeting coordination.
Meticulously maintain emails, records, and calendars with a sense of urgency.
Coordinate details with cross functional team members for company meetings/events.
Ensure files are properly maintained for record keeping and shared with appropriate parties.
Draft correspondence and understand oral dictation.
Additional responsibilities may include working with the General Manager’s staff relative to charitable events, political involvement, etc.
Other duties as assigned.
A minimum of 3 to 5 years of corporate administrative experience required.
PC proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Impeccable grammar and composition skills.
Ability to draft correspondence and accurately translate oral dictation.
Attention to detail.
Strong analytical ability.
Must possess a high level of professionalism and always use the utmost discretion.
Ability to act independently, as well as prioritize and exercise good judgment.
A pleasant attitude and strong sense of accountability are essential.
Marcus & Millichap Company ('MMC') is a privately held organization, based in Palo Alto, California, with a diverse family of operating companies under its umbrella. Each MMC company is a distinct fusion of real estate specialization and innovation powered by a culture of loyalty that permeates throughout. MMC’s operating companies are in the real estate service, real estate investment and real estate development spaces. Our companies have revolutionized numerous real estate practices and set the standard of success as a result of an unwavering focus on long-term, sustainable growth, as well as a unique blending of entrepreneurial drive with institutional discipline.
Our Operating Companies:
- Hanover Real Estate Investors: Our niche is providing joint venture equity capital to local and national developers and operators of real estate to facilitate the acquisition, reposition and/or development of multi-family and single tenant properties.
- MMC Technology Ventures (‘MMCT’): We primarily invest in post-Series A rounds, and we are committed to helping early-stage companies grow through utilizing their products internally and introducing entrepreneurs to MMCT’s vast network ...of real estate professionals.
- Meridian: We are a full-service commercial developer and provider of real estate services. Our team of experienced and talented real estate professionals provide comprehensive commercial building solutions and leads the way in the development of modern building facilities.
- Pacific Urban Residential (‘PUR’): We are an industry leading multi-family investment firm and pension fund manager. We are focused exclusively on the multi-family rental space.
- SummerHill Apartment Communities: We are a developer of multi-family and mixed-use residential projects, specializing in development of the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
- SummerHill Homes: We are a specialty builder of mid-to high-end residential homes in superior settings throughout San Francisco Bay Area focusing on in-fill development locations. We are nationally recognized for our expertise in customizing development plans to accommodate the unique characteristics of a given development site.