Come join the winning team at SummerHill Homes as an Associate Development Manager. SummerHill Homes, founded in 1976 is headquartered in San Ramon and also has an office in Palo Alto. SummerHill develops and builds upscale in-fill single and multi-family residential communities in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area. With revenues of over $300 million annually, SummerHill Homes is a member of the nationally acclaimed Marcus & Millichap family of companies. We are poised for dramatic growth and are currently in need of a strong, experienced and highly professional Associate Development Manager. For more information, please visit www.SummerHillHomes.com.
Job Description: The Associate Development Manager is responsible for supporting the senior development team in all aspects of the development process from due diligence through entitlements, and will be involved in project planning, design, and feasibility analysis. SummerHill projects include infill high density residential multifamily and mixed-use developments, podium and wrap design, Type III and Type V construction. The Associate Development Manager will work directly with city staff, the project consultant team, and other SHH departments. This position works from the SummerHill office in Palo Alto, CA.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Include:
Coordination with design and technical consultant team
Coordination of project application submittals and processing, including CEQA review and outside agency entitlement requirements (i.e., PG&E, Caltrans)
Preparation of consultant and municipal fee budgets and cash flow projections
Support in neighborhood outreach, city commission and council meetings
Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree is required
Minimum of 2 years in entitlement, planning and /or land acquisition experience
Strong knowledge of multifamily design, land use/entitlements, and/or CEQA
Strong self-initiative, problem solving skills, and good organizational skills
Ability to multitask, thorough attention to detail, and excellent writing skills
This position also requires proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and schedules
Marcus & Millichap Company ('MMC') is a privately held organization, based in Palo Alto, California, with a diverse family of operating companies under its umbrella. Each MMC company is a distinct fusion of real estate specialization and innovation powered by a culture of loyalty that permeates throughout. MMC’s operating companies are in the real estate service, real estate investment and real estate development spaces. Our companies have revolutionized numerous real estate practices and set the standard of success as a result of an unwavering focus on long-term, sustainable growth, as well as a unique blending of entrepreneurial drive with institutional discipline.
Our Operating Companies:
- Hanover Real Estate Investors: Our niche is providing joint venture equity capital to local and national developers and operators of real estate to facilitate the acquisition, reposition and/or development of multi-family and single tenant properties.
- MMC Technology Ventures (‘MMCT’): We primarily invest in post-Series A rounds, and we are committed to helping early-stage companies grow through utilizing their products internally and introducing entrepreneurs to MMCT’s vast network ...of real estate professionals.
- Meridian: We are a full-service commercial developer and provider of real estate services. Our team of experienced and talented real estate professionals provide comprehensive commercial building solutions and leads the way in the development of modern building facilities.
- Pacific Urban Residential (‘PUR’): We are an industry leading multi-family investment firm and pension fund manager. We are focused exclusively on the multi-family rental space.
- SummerHill Apartment Communities: We are a developer of multi-family and mixed-use residential projects, specializing in development of the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
- SummerHill Homes: We are a specialty builder of mid-to high-end residential homes in superior settings throughout San Francisco Bay Area focusing on in-fill development locations. We are nationally recognized for our expertise in customizing development plans to accommodate the unique characteristics of a given development site.