About the Company: Come join the winning team at SummerHill Homes as a Development Manager. SummerHill Homes, founded in 1976 is headquartered in San Ramon and also has an office in Palo Alto. SummerHill develops and builds upscale in-fill single and multi-family residential communities in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area. With revenues of over $300 million annually, SummerHill Homes is a member of the nationally acclaimed Marcus & Millichap family of companies. We are poised for dramatic growth and are currently in need of a strong, experienced and highly professional Development Manager. For more information, please visit www.SummerHillHomes.com.
Job Description: The Development Manager is responsible for directing and implementing all aspects of the project business plan for the projects that he/she is responsible for. Projects range from large, for-sale homes to small, single family entry-level products, and multi-story apartment projects. The Development Manager will direct the consulting team for the project. This position works from the SummerHill office in Palo Alto, CA.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Include:
Project planning and feasibility analysis
Project budgeting and forecasting
Product design and engineering
Formation of the HOA and BRE approvals
Managing the entitlement process, the schedule and acquiring all approvals
Coordination with internal construction, sales and accounting teams to ensure accurate implementation of the project business plan
Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree is required; an advanced degree is welcome but not required.
Must have a minimum of 3 years entitlement, planning and/or land acquisition experience
Strong knowledge of product, development and entitlements; alternatively, over 5 years of experience with a home building company
Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
Ability work well with a diverse team with diverse needs and must possess a “can-do” attitude
Good organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks at same time and meet deadlines
Ability to work on Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for budgets and schedules
Marcus & Millichap Company ('MMC') is a privately held organization, based in Palo Alto, California, with a diverse family of operating companies under its umbrella. Each MMC company is a distinct fusion of real estate specialization and innovation powered by a culture of loyalty that permeates throughout. MMC’s operating companies are in the real estate service, real estate investment and real estate development spaces. Our companies have revolutionized numerous real estate practices and set the standard of success as a result of an unwavering focus on long-term, sustainable growth, as well as a unique blending of entrepreneurial drive with institutional discipline.
Our Operating Companies:
- Hanover Real Estate Investors: Our niche is providing joint venture equity capital to local and national developers and operators of real estate to facilitate the acquisition, reposition and/or development of multi-family and single tenant properties.
- MMC Technology Ventures (‘MMCT’): We primarily invest in post-Series A rounds, and we are committed to helping early-stage companies grow through utilizing their products internally and introducing entrepreneurs to MMCT’s vast network ...of real estate professionals.
- Meridian: We are a full-service commercial developer and provider of real estate services. Our team of experienced and talented real estate professionals provide comprehensive commercial building solutions and leads the way in the development of modern building facilities.
- Pacific Urban Residential (‘PUR’): We are an industry leading multi-family investment firm and pension fund manager. We are focused exclusively on the multi-family rental space.
- SummerHill Apartment Communities: We are a developer of multi-family and mixed-use residential projects, specializing in development of the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
- SummerHill Homes: We are a specialty builder of mid-to high-end residential homes in superior settings throughout San Francisco Bay Area focusing on in-fill development locations. We are nationally recognized for our expertise in customizing development plans to accommodate the unique characteristics of a given development site.