The Structured Finance Asset Manager position is responsible for interaction within our internal organization, as well as with borrowers, clients, contractors, attorneys, title companies, architects, brokers, appraisers, and other deal-related parties. The position requires the demonstrated ability to independently: prepare formal written presentations analyzing a wide spectrum of issues relating to both loan- and property-level requests; deliver the highest level of customer service to both internal and external clients; prepare detailed financial analysis; perform financial and commercial mortgage underwriting tasks and the abstracting of loan and transactional documents. In addition, it requires varying levels of supervision of analysts in the department including: quality control related to written presentations, financial analyses, property inspections, and other items; market and submarket research and presentation; oversight and training; and the review and amendment as appropriate of written presentations authored by others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Be responsible for monitoring the performance of properties and progress of business plans related to a defined portfolio of loans and/or joint venture equity investments
* Serve as primary point of contact for clients, borrowers/sponsors, property managers and others related to an assigned portfolio, communicating issues and updates to management where appropriate
* Provide excellent customer service and problem resolution for clients, borrowers, and internal and external stakeholders
* Review and interpret deal documents and monitor compliance in accordance with those documents
* Perform construction draw reviews and coordinate funding process with inspectors, clients and borrowers
* Review and convey an understanding of all aspects included in leases for all traditional property types
* Be able to review and convey an understanding of all aspects of hotel franchise agreements
* Be able to review and analyze third-party reports
* Review materials and prepare recommendations for client review and approval following requests from borrowers or sponsors
* Build and maintain financial models to track capital inflows and outflows related to ground-up and major renovation commercial real estate deals, some with multiple capital partners
* Build and maintain financial models related to commercial real estate loans with multiple releases of collateral during the hold period
* Monitor borrower or sponsor completion of special-condition items required by the deal documents
* Closely work on each assigned investment to help facilitate successful client outcomes
* Demonstrate ability to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks
* Be responsible for drafting, managing, updating, and/or reviewing monthly reports as well as managing any specific client requirement
* Conduct property inspections in coordination with clients and/or third-party inspectors
* Review budgets annually and monitor operating statements on a periodic basis, spreading both to industry standards upon receipt and benchmarking to the underwriting projections
* Train and support team members in fulfillment of activities performed on behalf of clients and customers
Other duties and special projects as assigned
Indirect supervisory role of team members to assist in optimizing the services performed on behalf of clients and customers.
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.