The Centralized Lending Unit (CLU) within Risk Management has an immediate need for Portfolio Managers to support the CRE business lines. These roles will be responsible for underwriting all credit requests, including new requests as well as credit decisioning within some portfolios. They will be accountable for recommending credit structures with respect to quality and profitability within assigned geographies. Fundamental duties include ensuring that the risk philosophy, risk appetite, and lending strategies are adhered to while maintaining a high level of client responsiveness. Analyze financial statements and navigate a wide variety of financial structures, credit scenarios. Ensure commercial lending activities are executed according to Truist's policies and procedures. Builds effective relationships with Risk Management and client managers. There is flexibility for these positions to sit within the following markets: Atlanta, GA; Alpharetta, GA; Charlotte, NC; Greensboro, NC; Orlando, FL; Richmond, VA; or Allentown, PA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Support the commercial lending process through underwriting, policy knowledge, credit structuring, and risk assessment in credit request packages in a small or homogeneous portfolio. Ensure packages are complete, accurate and thoroughly documented
2. Analyze and/or recommend adjustments to financial statement spreads
3. Interact with client, verbally and in writing, on pending loan requests or portfolio management actions
4. Understand and articulate all Truist Wholesale Credit policies, procedures and processes. Recommend credit within the Bank's risk appetite, and document when and why exceptions are appropriate. May require specialized underwriting skills for Commercial and Industrial, Commercial Real Estate, SBA lending, and other product offerings
5. Exercise prudent credit judgment through individual loan authority, if applicable
6. Keep abreast of changing business and economic developments which impact the loan portfolio, its profitability, risk management and banking in general
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree, or equivalent education and related training
2. 5+ years experience in commercial lending (CRE), credit experience, and/or classes/training program
3. Rudimentary commercial lending, underwriting, and regulatory knowledge
4. Effective problem solving skills
5. Understanding of financial and cost accounting principles
6. Strong interpersonal, written, and communication skills
7. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
1. Demonstrated proficiency in commercial lending systems