Working closely with the VP of the department, the role will be responsible for activities relevant to the Financial Planning and Analysis area, including strategic forecasting and budgeting, identifying trends and variance drivers (as performance measurement), preparing corporate presentations, performing internal valuations, responding to senior management regarding queries from the investor community, and other portfolio management activities.
Additional responsibilities include proactive coordination and collaboration with various departments in the Company (primarily accounting, asset management, and property management) to gather information for use in financial projections and data analysis, reviewing financial reports, and preparing financial planning presentations for senior management and the Board of Directors. This position also serves as a critical part of the annual budget process – planning the budget timeline, consolidating individual property budgets, forecasting corporate level P&L items, and preparing the final presentation for senior management and the Board of Directors. This position works closely with other teams throughout the year, assisting with variance reporting and other various ad-hoc leasing and impact analyses.
This is a key role for the organization, and it reports directly to the Vice President - Financial Planning, Budgeting & Analysis.
1) Responsible for preparing and maintaining all financial projections and metrics for the Company’s strategic forecasting plan and other critical analyses. (40% of Time)
2) Working with colleagues across the organization, coordinate the consolidation of the Company’s annual budget. Summarize high-level key results and trends and provide analysis to senior management. Utilize this information and incorporate into corporate long-term strategic planning. (15% of Time)
3) Act as a central liaison for all information gathered across the organization that is to be incorporated into the Company’s strategic plans. This role requires the ability to meet deadlines, review received information for accuracy and challenge the source as necessary, and properly incorporate this information into the strategic plans and models. (15% of Time)
4) Prepare and review multiple analyses that are produced for senior management and the Board of Directors at quarter-end. Act as a visionary with respect to the direction of analytics and trends, benchmarks and measurements, and strategic planning. Serve as the primary backup for the VP- Financial Planning, Budgeting & Analysis in making these presentations to these groups. (15% of Time)
5) Participate and contribute to strategic and financial decision-making, from both a financial and operational perspective. Help the Company to determine new ways to measure itself and its operations. (10% of Time)
6) On a quarterly basis, prepare internal valuation analyses on the Company’s assets and balance sheet items. (5% of Time)
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics (or a Business degree with a concentration in Accounting or Finance) or equivalent work experience
5+ years of experience in a financial analysis or real estate analysis role
Previous commercial real estate experience strongly preferred
Strong proficiency in MS Excel (advanced level), MS Word, and MS PowerPoint required
Previous experience with Argus Enterprise preferred
Comprehension of accounting concepts preferred (real estate accounting a plus)
Physical requirements involve sitting to perform general office work at computer, and mobility between departments or office area to facilitate work.
Routine travel is not required for the position.
Strong organizational and analytical skills
Strong attention to detail and a curious mind
Enjoys working with and synthesizing large amounts of data
Ability to work in a tight deadline environment under pressure
Ability to multi-task projects and prioritize as needed
Team player and strong communicator with all levels of the organization
Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: PDM), a self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT), is one of the nation’s largest publicly-traded owners of Class A office properties. Piedmont is focused on creating value for its shareholders through the acquisition, development, ownership and progressive management of premier properties in each of its target markets: Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Minneapolis, New York , Orlando, and Washington D.C.