Location: Chevy Chase, Maryland
Internal Number: 5533784003
The Executive Assistant at Berkadia supports our Senior Vice Presidents by assisting them with administrative and organizational tasks enabling them to spend more time managing the organization. They will perform essential administrative functions such as coordinating and prioritizing the daily activities of the assigned SVP, making arrangements for on and off-site meetings, attending official meetings, composing correspondence, coordinating travel arrangements, preparing expense reports and answering telephones. The Executive Assistant will also be the Salesforce Champion for the Affordable Housing team, ready to answer and troubleshoot any and all issues from the team. They will need to have a level of confidence and assertiveness to make decisions on behalf of the Senior Vice Presidents.
- Act as a coordinator between the SVP and the demands put on his or her limited time by reviewing critical emails and prioritizing meetings and appointments.
- Coordinate and execute administrative tasks such as large and/or complex projects and assignments with little supervision. Determine what can be handled personally or what needs to be referred to another internal resource.
- Utilize Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce to prepare reports, presentations and organizational charts.
- Prioritize work to ensure timely completion of assignments with strong attention to quality.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of highly sensitive information and materials
- Process and distribute a high volume of internal and external correspondence.
- Work with other departments within Berkadia, i.e. Marketing, Events, Corporate Accounting, and other departments as needed.
- Responsible for new employee Onboarding by arranging training and setting up introductory meetings.
- Work with producers and respective teams as needed.
- Work within Salesforce to answer questions, resolve issues, perform specific functions related to deal wires and/or agreements.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, both internal and external.
- Make travel arrangements and process expenses and payments.
- Ensure positive visibility of the specialty groups (Affordable and Seniors) through all internal Berkadia communication channels.
- Liaise with our EAs across the organization to arrange meetings and coordinate logistics as applicable.
- Become knowledgeable on Berkadia policies and procedures to ensure they are adhered to.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Location and Travel
- Due to the nature of the responsibilities, this role is required to be onsite in the Berkadia DC Metro office.
- Limited annual travel as required..
What you will need to be successful
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; Salesforce experience a plus.
- Ability to be flexible, work with tight deadlines in a team environment.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and stay organized.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal/external management and staff.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Seven to ten years of previous experience.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients' assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client's interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.