Location: San Francisco, California
Internal Number: 5545940003
The Associate Director will be responsible for spearheading outbound sales initiatives for a team that is focused on expanding market share for the Freddie Mac Small Balance program in the Western U.S. for the #1 Freddie Mac Optigo lender in the country. The Associate Director, through outbound calling initiatives and other marketing activities, will identify and foster relationships with new and existing borrowers and referral partners. The Associate Director will also directly assist the as the financial intermediary between Berkadia's borrower clients, the Company's internal capital sources, and third-party capital sources that the Company represents while fostering reliable and effective communications to enhance the likelihood that the parties will reach agreement on financing terms.
- Warm and cold marketing to property owners, brokers, agents, and networking groups to generate inbound deal flow. Individual should be a self-starter and can demonstrate meeting sales targets in a prior role.
- Actively participate in business generation meetings with borrower clients or referral partners to develop a foundation for relationships.
- Assist the team in performing borrower due diligence by analyzing financial data and pre-screening borrower qualifications.
- Model complex property cash flows to determine the viability of a deal.
- Perform reporting related to the Team's deal pipeline on a timely basis to ensure transaction related information is up-to-date, accurate, reliable, and available.
- Work collaboratively to procure new customers and leverage existing customers for potential deals by keeping informed of market and industry trends to provide reliable market intelligence.
- Develop and maintain broad knowledge of various loan programs, including government agencies and life insurance companies, but with a particular focus on private clients in the $1-15MM loan amount space.
- Aid in preparing loan submission packages that meet the requirements of Berkadia's internal and third-party capital sources.
- Satisfy the annual performance goals for originating financial transactions established by the EVP with primary supervision of the Senior Managing Director.
- Perform all services in compliance with the Company's policies and procedures and applicable license requirements; assist the Law Department with reports due to regulators.
- Up to 20% travel may be required.
What you will need to be successful
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Experience with other commercial real estate technology platforms a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Three to five years prior experience in a similar position.
The provided base salary information for this position is part of an overall national range. The actual salary within our range for this position will be determined by several factors, including but not limited to the scope, complexity and location of the role, the skills, education, training, credentials, and experience of the candidate. The total compensation package for this role may also include additional incentive opportunities.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients' assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client's interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.