About the Company: Come join the winning team at SummerHill Homes as a Development Manager SummerHill Homes, founded in 1976, is headquartered in San Ramon and also has an office in Palo Alto. SummerHill Homes develops and builds upscale, in-fill, single and multi-family residential communities in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area. SummerHill Homes is a member of the nationally acclaimed Marcus & Millichap family of companies. We are poised for growth and are currently in need of a strong, experienced, and highly professional Community Sales Associate. For more information about SummerHill Homes, please visit www.summerhillhomes.com.
Job Description: The Development Manager is responsible for directing and implementing all aspects of the project business plan for the projects that they are responsible. Projects range from large, for-sale homes to small, single-family, entry-level products, as well as multi-story apartment projects. The Development Manager will direct the consulting team for the project. This position works from the SummerHill Homes office in Palo Alto, CA.
Project planning and feasibility analysis
Project budgeting and forecasting
Product design and engineering
Formation of the HOA and BRE approvals
Manage the entitlement process, the schedule, and acquire all approvals
Coordination with internal construction, sales, and accounting teams to ensure accurate implementation of the project business plan
Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree is required; an advanced degree is welcome but not required.
Must have a minimum of 3 years of entitlement, planning, and /or land acquisition experience
Strong knowledge of product, development, and entitlements; alternatively, over 5 years of experience with a home building company
Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
Ability to work well with a diverse team with diverse needs and must possess a “can-do” attitude
Good organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time and meet deadlines
Ability to work on Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for budgets and schedules
Associate meals & snack breaks to be taken in designated kitchen or break areas
The compensation plan for this role will be commensurate with the skills required of the position. As such, it will be comprised of a base salary, and an annual performance-based incentive which is determined upon individual and portfolio performance. The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays
Paid Sick Time
401k + Employer Contribution
Medical (H.S.A./HDHP option w/ Employer Contribution)
Flexible Spending Accounts
Group Term Life & AD&D
Buy-Up Long-Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Depending on the role, other benefits such as commissions, educational assistance program (tuition reimbursement), referral program, and/or car allowance may be applicable.
Marcus & Millichap Company ('MMC') is a privately held organization, based in Palo Alto, California, with a diverse family of operating companies under its umbrella. Each MMC company is a distinct fusion of real estate specialization and innovation powered by a culture of loyalty that permeates throughout. MMC’s operating companies are in the real estate service, real estate investment and real estate development spaces. Our companies have revolutionized numerous real estate practices and set the standard of success as a result of an unwavering focus on long-term, sustainable growth, as well as a unique blending of entrepreneurial drive with institutional discipline.
Our Operating Companies:
- MMC Technology Ventures (‘MMCT’): We primarily invest in post-Series A rounds, and we are committed to helping early-stage companies grow through utilizing their products internally and introducing entrepreneurs to MMCT’s vast network of real estate professionals.
- Meridian: We are a full-service commercial developer and provider of real estate services. Our team of experienced and talented real estate professionals provide comprehensive commercial building solutions and leads the wa...y in the development of modern building facilities.
- Pacific Urban Investors (‘PUI’): We are an industry leading multi-family investment firm and pension fund manager. We are focused exclusively on the multi-family rental space.
- Hanover Real Estate Investors: Our niche is providing joint venture equity capital to local and national developers and operators of real estate to facilitate the acquisition, reposition and/or development of multi-family and single tenant properties.
- SummerHill Apartment Communities: We are a developer of multi-family and mixed-use residential projects, specializing in development of the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
- SummerHill Homes: We are a specialty builder of mid-to high-end residential homes in superior settings throughout San Francisco Bay Area focusing on in-fill development locations. We are nationally recognized for our expertise in customizing development plans to accommodate the unique characteristics of a given development site.