Location: Dallas, Texas
Internal Number: 5542842003
The Senior Construction Closer is responsible for the efficient and timely closing of all FHA final endorsements and the conversion of each construction loan to a permanent loan. The Senior Closer will interact directly with the Berkadia Construction Loan Manager, Construction Loan Specialists, Borrowers, HUD staff, internal servicing team, title companies, and closing counsel to manage and expedite the closing process. The Closer will monitor and resolve pre-closing, closing and post-closing issues among multiple platforms including accounting, treasury, legal, client relations and other servicing platforms.
- Actively monitors the HUD construction pipeline and communicates weekly with the HUD construction specialists regarding status of HUD construction deals nearing completion of construction.
- Organize and lead introductory closing calls with internal and external parties when a HUD construction loan is at 90% complete in preparation of final endorsement.
- Review and submit Borrower and Contractor cost certifications to establish the final mortgage amount.
- Schedule and lead weekly or bi-weekly closing calls with all required parties including the borrower and closing counsel.
- Establishes a ninety-day timeline from issuance of HUD-92580 to final endorsement closing; monitor timeline throughout closing process and provide weekly updates to working group regarding status of final endorsement.
- Maintains tickler and status file to monitor and track appropriate documentation requirements.
- Engages Berkadia insurance team to review insurance requirements and assists the Berkadia insurance team in resolving any insurance issues that may arise.
- Request and analyze current real estate tax information.
- Set up loan funding calculations and prepares account documents including escrow analysis, property taxes and insurance, reconciliation sheet and servicing memorandum; ensures accuracy of all related accounting entries; resolves all closing figures with title company and mortgage banker.
- Coordinates review of all required closing documents.
- Request HUD payments using pay.gov.
- Prepares and submits wire requests for loan funding along with applicable supporting documentation.
- Records loan and closing information in OmniView, the Company's loan system of record.
- Prepares the closing file for delivery to the New Loan Boarding team, and the Investor or document custodian.
- Works with Construction Loan Manager and SVP-Closing on all process improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful
- High School Diploma, GED/equivalent certification or equivalent military experience; Bachelor's degree or higher in the Real Estate of Finance field preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a business or legal loan closing coordinator or agency specialist for a financial institution.
- Solid math and calculation skills.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in computer applications using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a larger team with a demonstrated flexible attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills- must be confident and comfortable in speaking with internal and external team members.
- Comfortable on a high-volume and fast-paced environment.
- Motivated to achieve personal and departmental goals.
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients' assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client's interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Berkadia complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact Emma.Petersen@berkadia.com to arrange for such accommodations.
Berkadia is an Equal Opportunity employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws concerning discrimination in employment. No question in this Application is intended to elicit information in violation of any such law, nor will any information obtained in response to any question be used in violation of any such law.